For one night downtown London will come alive with contemporary arts activities, exhibits, and whatever. We’ll start at 7:00pm on Saturday, June 15th, 2013 and run until 1:00am on Sunday, June 16th, 2013.
Galleries, museums, laneways, sidewalks, alleys, parks can all become locations to engage audiences in a variety of artistic experiences. Unusual or forbidden spaces become sites of contemporary art open for all-night discovery and rediscovery. The audience is given free access to explore, discover, debate, and participate in contemporary art.
Participating artists will create installations, interactive art, film, sculpture, street theatre, music, anything that will encourage participation from audiences. The diversity of the art is unlimited.
Nuit Blanche is a free contemporary arts event.
- ------ Sponsors -------
- ------ Sponsors -------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS (2013 Nuit Blanche Open Call Application)
nuit blanche london is an opportunity to celebrate and showcase talented and creative contemporary artists and the city’s commitment to contemporary art. Starting at 7:00pm on Saturday, June 15, 2013 and running until 1:00am on Sunday, June 16, downtown London will come alive with a celebration of contemporary art.
There are two basic ways to participate:
As an artist...
Any individual artist, collective or group is welcome. We emphasize that all artist activities must remain open and accessible for the duration of nuit blanche london and your site must be within the defined boundaries (see below). Artists must submit an application and be accepted to be included in the official nuit blanche london programming.
As a partner...
Any venue, organization, or location that creates or hosts an exhibition or activity specifically created for nuit blanche london can also apply to participate. A gallery or venue that will keep open an existing project (e.g., a show that is already running and may run before and after nuit blanche london) for the duration of the evening may also participate. Partners must submit an application and be accepted to be included in the official nuit blanche london programming.
All projects must keep to the nuit blanche london mandate: to make contemporary art accessible, inspiring dialogue and engaging the public. All proposals must meet the basic criteria outlined below and are subject to review.
nuit blanche london will take place primarily along Dundas Street, between Clarence Street and Ridout Street. There are some additional sites located nearby just North and South of Dundas, but all locations are within the downtown core. This is a large area with several unique and interesting spaces both indoors and outside. Dundas Street between Clarence Street and Ridout Street will be closed to vehicular traffic during nuit blanche london.
- You are an individual artist, group, or collective
- You are a venue that wants to be a partner
- You have an idea for a site-specific project located in the designated nuit blanche london area
- You will offer access to your project that is free of charge to the public during nuit blanche london from 7:00pm on Saturday, June 15 to 1:00am on Sunday, June 16.
- The project focus is on site specificity, touring, roaming, interactivity and/or is grassroots in nature.
- You are willing to make the investment required (creative, financial, personnel and otherwise) in order to bring the project to fruition. nuit blanche london will work with all accepted artists/partners to provide as much technical support as finances will allow.
HOW TO SUBMIT (2013 Nuit Blanche Open Call Application)
- E-mail Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the application. Applications will soon be available to download at www.londonfringe.ca.
- Complete the application form. Please note that in order to be considered you must fill out the relevant application form and adhere to all programming criteria and submission requirements as stated. Applications must be received by 4:00pm, Monday, April 29, 2013.
- Please note that you will be contacted by nuit blanche london once your application is processed. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
- Applications must be submitted to Sarah at email@example.com no later than the 4:00pm, Monday, April 29, 2013 DEADLINE!